Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Stunning Bell Towers & Churches of the Ilocos Region

On our recent visit to the Philippines, we travelled from Manila to the south-Davao Region and to the north-Ilocos Norte via Laoag City, the capital. We were lucky enough to have a family member who drove us around to visit these stunning Ilocos bell towers and churches.

click image to enlarge
  • Laoag Sinking Bell Tower - Known as the tallest bell tower in the Philippines and was built by the Augustinians in 1612. It's massive and earned it's "sinking reputation".

  • Bacarra Church - Constructed together with the Tower and Convent by the Spanish Augustinian Friars in 1593.

  • Paoay Church - was built in 1694 commissioned by the the Augustinian friars. The church was completed in 1710.



3 comments:

caffelattedeb said...

Hi Ed

Would love to hear about the current coffee/caffe latte scene in the Philippines. Did you find decent coffee on your recent trip?

Ed Sullivan said...

Hi Deb,

Happy New Year! I hope you had a great holiday break.

Very sorry for late reply. I haven't been back to the Philippines since my last trip in July. I have been busy lately. I'm glad the holiday season is now well and truly over. I'm working on few blogs at the moment and hopefully will publish them shortly.

Thanks for dropping by.

caffelattedeb said...

Hi Ed,

I will look forward to your new blogs. Would still love to hear about your coffee experiences in the Philippines back in July when you have time. You may be interested in my forgettable coffee experiences over the festive season detailed on my recent blog!
Here's to great caffe lattes in 2010!

Cheers

Powered By Blogger